Friday, March 16, 2007

mixed bag


Three weeks, did I say three weeks?? One of the problems of being attention deficit is having a somewhat challenged concept of time (I was never good with deadlines). Anyway, totally avoiding working on shop renovations for the moment, I've been refinishing this cute hoosier cabinet I got in town for two hundred bucks. It was really battered, with this horrid mud colored paint job. I'm re-doing it with two shades of green and cream. I was having a nostalgia fit for oil based paints, as they are tons more durable and with a nicer finish than latex, but forgot about the hassle of using them.

Its snowing again, with the forcast for 10 inches, plus sleet. Joy. Inconvenient too. In the country, we have recycling once a month only. You have to take your stuff down to the elementary school. I missed it last month, because of the snow (two wheel drive), and I'll miss it again tomorrow because of the snow, damn it. The kitchen porch is filled, filled I tell ya, with bottles, cans, paper and cardboard. Aren't we done with winter yet?

Speaking of Spring! the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival is coming up soon! Nirvana for fiber artists, knitters and spinners.

No comments: