Saturday, June 21, 2008

pattern design service to knitwear designers



In my "other life" aside from yarn shop owner and caretaker to hordes of hungry animals, I'm a freelance graphic designer. I do quite a few knitting patterns, and am just starting to offer this to a larger clientele.

Here are two samples recently done for my friends at Yarns International. The chart for the first was redrawn from the scanned photo (below) of a typewritten original; I can work with anything from sketches on a cocktail napkin to Word or Excel files. Schematic drawings, proofreading and test knitting are available as well.



If you are interested in classic, elegant and easy to read patterns, please contact me.

1 comment:

Leslie Shelor said...

What lovely work! I'm going to have to think about this. I'm not a very good pattern designer, though!